Summary ans Conclusion! Rose Belizor
Over the past few months, my partner and I worked behind the scene and determined to finish our project and even thought, it’s finally come to end at the beginning it wasn’t an easy route. At first we taught that it was too difficult to finish this project, we were discourage sometimes because people doubt that we’ll be able to raise the goal amount set to fundraised, we proved them wrong. I am proud of my project and proud to know that I have help save lives of women who probably otherwise, had no idea where the money would be coming from to help them get a mammogram. After, completing this project I have realized that if we put our mind set to a goal and hasn’t accomplish it don’t give up. After, the dinner my partner and I received a letter in the from the Rose the organizations we fundraised for thinking us for the wonderful event we had and how we help our community and possibly saving the lives of 9 women in the Houston Area. With this project I have learned great skill that can help me in the future beyond high school such as, how to send professional written e-mails to people as well, how to communicate to people. Overall, my partner and I are very grateful for this wonderful opportunity and quiet sad that we had such a little amount of time; we wanted to do more and our hopes is that people from the school would continue to incorporated this project as a tradition and partnering up with the community.
From the very beginning of our project we have incorporated the GPS in our project. From the very beginning we chose a topic that was impacting our community and our school. This capstone project has helped us strengthen our leadership skills as well as indentifying our weaknesses. We learned to work as a team and collaborate with each other which were the key to the success of our project.
The first category for the Graduation Portfolio System is to investigate the world. We definitely incorporated this element of the GPS into our Capstone project by identifying a topic that was related to our community as well as the world. I began this project because I learned that one of my past classmates had breast cancer, when I heard that she had Breast Cancer I was stunned. Throughout my project, I have reached out to the community and my school. I have communicated ideas and connect to a diverse students and community. Not only that, but I have also took action by fundraising for a nonprofit organization called the Rose. I have realized that Breast Cancer not only affect men and women in the United States but also all over the world. It’s a global issue and curing this disease is quiet difficult if someone doesn’t detects it early. Our strength in this area was by recognized the perspectives of other students. For my capstone project I have interview a student or someone who is currently battling breast cancer. Not only that but, during my spring break time I went to visit a Hospital to talk and interview a doctor to get answers to a few questions that I had about Breast Cancer. I learned to communicate with others about my ideas as well as listened to theirs throughout my project.
The second category for the Graduation Portfolio System is to recognize and weigh perspectives. We have incorporated this element of the GPS into our Capstone project by recognizing that Breast Cancer effects nearly 20 million of people are the world. In 2010 nearly, 207,090 women was diagnosed with breast cancer and 1, 970 men was also diagnosed with breast cancer this is an overwhelming fact. I decided to take action after identify that I classmate I knew had Breast Cancer. I realized that this can happen to anyone any time in their lives. As a young student leaving in a global connected world. This is an absolute issue for everyone. I have surprised myself as to how dedicated I am in completing this project. I began the project with a few passions in fighting breast cancer because I didn’t understand the complexity of the diseases but, now as my journey comes to an end I became passionate about my project. My strength throughout this project enables me to communicate my Ideas and take action. I set my goals each week and I always meet them 100 percent of the time. I have researched multiple sources such as researchable questions to ask a doctor or finding an organization to fundraise for and follow through on a daily basic.
The third category for the Graduation Portfolio System is to communicate ideas. We have incorporated this element of the GPS into our Capstone project by reaching out to the community and students. We reached out to my school; we decided to take action by having a dinner to fundraise for an organization that’s help women on a daily basic regardless of their ability to pay. We have get in touch with our capstone sponsor and communicate our ideas and incorporate their ideas in opinion in our project. We have always followed through with our ideas and meet with our sponsors on a daily basis. Not only that but we reached to our parents, friends, classmates and teachers to support our project. We have also reached to organizations for donations and community for help. We organized my project to the best of my ability.
The last category for the Graduation Portfolio System is to take action. We have incorporated this element of the GPS into my Capstone project by initially communicating with Ms. Williams, Coach Nah, Mr. Yu and our parents about this project to help an organization called the Rose that helps women in the Houston are received treatment regardless of their ability to pay. We have taken into account our previous fundraising approaches and came up with a completely different one. Our strength in this area is communicating with people from our local community. This is strength because we visited many Hospitals and spoke to a lot of different people and came up with the best solutions for our project. Our fundraising idea came from the fact that I visited a place where I had my internship over the summer and they gave us the idea to hold a spaghetti dinner to fundraise for our project. Even though it wasn’t easy we successfully raised over 900 dollars to donate to the Rose.
As our project end, we realized that life can change in a matter of second and to be able to make people aware of these disease and possibly help save lives we feel very honor for such accomplishment. We dedicate our success to our Principal Mr. Yu for allowing us to fundraised and present our project to the school and we also, thank Ms. Williams and Coach Nah, for sponsoring because without them our project wouldn’t be as successful as it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment